When it comes to the health and safety of you and your baby, nothing but the best will do. At MacNeal Hospital, we are committed to making your pregnancy and childbirth experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We offer comprehensive, expert care before and after your delivery. Our specialized treatment helps ensure the health and happiness of you and your family.
Comprehensive maternity services created with you and your baby in mind
At MacNeal, we understand that every woman and pregnancy is unique. During these special moments, we want you to feel comfortable in the knowledge that our comprehensive team of obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists and medical staff has the training, expertise and experience to guide you through the labor and delivery process. We offer a full range of obstetrical services, including:
- Level II neonatal nursery – capable of caring for late-preterm infants, from gestation 32 weeks to 37 weeks
- Access to certified lactation consultant – breastfeeding counselors and a lactation consultant are available for mothers after delivery to answer questions and assist with newborn care and breastfeeding
- Special delivery options – our staff is skilled in a variety of special delivery methods to address the delivery options of our patients with a supportive clinical culture for women who would like to try vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
- Advanced fetal monitoring – closely records uterine and fetal heart activity to catch early signs of complication for inpatients and outpatients
- Personalized care – from our friendly, family-oriented staff who are dedicated to serving you and your expanding family
- Bilingual – many nurses and physicians at MacNeal Hospital speak English and Spanish for the accommodation and comprehensive care of our patients
Preparation Classes for the Whole Family
Whether you are expecting your first child or the newest addition to your family, our goal at MacNeal Hospital is to offer you all the information, education, guidance and support you need. New parents naturally want to be prepared for all the possibilities. Our birthing staff is prepared to make you feel at ease and informed and is ready to provide specialized care should your newborn need it.
MacNeal Hospital offers a wide range of preparation tools and educational opportunities designed for expectant parents and families to prepare for the birth and care of their newborn, including:
- Childbirth preparation
- Birth center tours
- Breastfeeding, “Baby’s Best Start” class
- “All About Babies—Are You Ready?” class
- Gestational “Boot Camp”
- Big brother/big sister class
- Preventing diabetes after delivery
Explore birthing options with physicians and nursing staff or research childbirth in our online Health Library.