Criteria for Internal Medicine Residency Application
- Applications will be accepted only through ERAS.
- The Internal Medicine Residency Program accepts U.S. Citizens, Permanent U.S. Residents, and J1 visa applicants. The residency program does not sponsor H1 visas.
- Interviews are scheduled by invitation only, and are conducted October through December. They are held on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- All residency positions are filled through the match.
- U.S. clinical experience is not a requirement, but is highly encouraged.
- Applicants desiring consideration for the osteopathic track should express this interest when scheduling interviews.
Criteria for Application Review
- A minimum USMLE Step 1 score of 220 on the first attempt.
- A minimum USMLE Step 2 CK score of 230 on the first attempt.
- Pass USMLE Step 2 CS on the first attempt.
- For International Medical Graduates, preference will be given to candidates who have passed USMLE Step 3 on the first attempt.
- COMLEX Level 1 and Level 2 are also accepted.
- Graduation from medical school within the past 3 years.
- International Medical Graduates should have a valid ECFMG certificate to be interviewed (if applicable).
- Three letters of recommendation are required.