The MacNeal Difference
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
100% Board Pass Rate
- MacNeal graduates have a 100% first-time board pass rate over the past 5 years.
- Our board pass rate is >99% over the past 25 years.
Well Established Program with Strong History and Traditions
- We are the first FM residency in Illinois and one of the first in the country.
- We are a 12-12-12 program with 3 fellows.
- MacNeal was first accredited in 1969. Documents of the early days of MacNeal are in the Center for the History of Family Medicine in Leawood, Kansas.
1:4 Core Faculty to Resident Ratio
- All 13 of our core faculty's professional time is devoted to the the residency
- In addition to our core faculty, we also have a great complement of community faculty and specialists
Family Medicine Center (FMC) with >30,000 Patient Visits Per Year
- We are the highest volume practice in the Loyola Medicine network
- All faculty and residents practice together in a thriving and diverse practice
- FMC is conveniently located across the street from the hospital and is connected by a tunnel to the hospital and parking structure
- We use EPIC EMR
Fellowships Sports Medicine and Faculty Development
- Our Sports Medicine fellowship was one of the first Sports Medicine fellowships in Chicago
- Fellowships are integrated into the residency so residents benefit from the expertise and teaching from the fellowhip directors and fellows
- All core inpatient services, including Family Medicine Service, pediatrics, and obstetrics, are unopposed and run by Family Medicine residents and attendings.
Great Location Just Outside Chicago
- We are located 4 miles from the Chicago city limits, 20 minutes from downtown
- Metra train stop across the street from the hospital goes to Union Station