The MacNeal Difference
Unsurpassed Board Pass Rate for 25+ Years
- MacNeal graduates have a >99% first-time pass rate for the past 25 years. The national pass rate for family medicine is 89%.
The Most-Established and Largest Family Medicine Residency in Chicago
- We are the first FM residency in Illinois and one of the first in the country.
- We are a 12-12-12 program with 3 fellows.
- MacNeal was first accredited in 1969. Documents of the early days of MacNeal are in the Center for the History of Family Medicine in Leawood, Kansas.
1:4 Core Faculty to Resident Ratio
- All 13 of our core faculty are employed by and work entirely for the residency
- In addition to our core faculty, we also have a great complement of community faculty
Family Medicine Center (FMC) with >30,000 Patient Visits Per Year
- We are the highest volume practice in the MacNeal network
- All faculty and residents practice together in a thriving and diverse practice
- FMC is conveniently located across the street from the hospital and is connected by a tunnel to the hospital and parking structure
- We are an NCQA recognized Level 2 Patient-Centered Medical Home
- We use EPIC EMR
2 Fellowships and a Women's health Track
- We sponsor fellowships in Sports Medicine and Faculty Development
- Our Sports Medicine fellowship was one of the first Sports Medicine fellowships in Chicago
- All residents benefit from the extra expertise from the fellowhip directors and teaching from the fellows
- All core inpatient services, including Family Medicine Service, pediatrics, and obstetrics, are unopposed and run by Family Medicine residents and attendings.
Great Location Just Outside Chicago
- We are located 4 miles from the Chicago city limits, 20 minutes from downtown
- Metra train stop across the street from the hospital goes to Union Station