At MacNeal Hospital, volunteers are a vital part of the team. Our volunteers’ dedication contributes significantly to the quality of care provided to our patients. With the help of our volunteers we are able to fulfill our mission and vision that supports the community.
We have a diverse volunteer population and encourage all age groups to apply - retired seniors, adults, college students, and high school students. High school students must be at least 16 years of age. Our Volunteer Services Department makes every effort to place volunteers in an area that matches the individual's best interest and skills. We want your volunteer experience to be interesting, as well as rewarding and fun!
Volunteer Program Requirements:
- Pass a volunteer health-screening.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Attend and complete a one-hour orientation with supervisor.
- Adhere to the hospital dress code.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Enjoy knowing that you are part of an invaluable service that helps the hospital deliver its mission and vision.
- Annual volunteer appreciation luncheon
- Meal voucher
- Free parking while on duty in specified lots
- A recognition pin for hours of service
MacNeal Hospital’s Volunteer Services Department has over 150 volunteers, who work with and assist our staff in a variety of responsibilities throughout the hospital. We welcome you to share your skills, time, and talent with our team.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer and would like someone to contact you regarding volunteer opportunities, fill out the form below or call Volunteer Services, at 708-783-3193.