Accreditations & Credentials
- All Services (Accredited by The Joint Commission)
- Full Cycle IV Chest Pain Center with PCI (Accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care)
- Cancer Center (Accredited by The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer)
- Diagnostic Cardiology (Accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission in Echocardiography in the areas of Adult Transesophageal, Adult Stress, and Adult Transthoracic)
- MacNeal Hospital is designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (The ACR recognizes breast imaging centers that have earned accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, and breast ultrasound—including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy)
- Primary Stroke Center (Certified by The Joint Commission)
- Level II Trauma Center (Certified by IDPH)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program (Certified by the AACVPR)
Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction Recognition
Blue Distinction Center designations are given to healthcare facilities that have demonstrated better overall outcomes in the delivery of specialty care.
- Cardiovascular Surgery
Aetna Institute of Quality
Designated as an Aetna Institute of Quality Facility for Orthopedic Care.
- Total Joint Replacement
- Spine Surgery
Awards & Recognitions
American Heart Association (AHA)
- Get with the Guidelines Awards
- Heart Failure — Gold Quality Achievement Award - 2012
- Stroke — Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award (2018, 2016, 2015)
- Mission Lifeline 2015
- Gold receiving award for prompt emergency cardiac care.
- Start! Recognition Program
- 2011 Fit Friendly Company Gold Achievement Award, MacNeal Hospital has been recognized by the AHA for meeting criteria for employee fitness for the 4th consecutive year.
- Group Hospital Safety "A" Grade (Fall 2018, Spring 2018)
Truven Health Analytics
- Top 50 Cardiovascular (2020, 2019, 2016, 2015, 2014)
- Top 100 Hospitals - 2014
- Making Medicine Mercury-Free - 2015
U.S. News & World Report
- Best Regional Hospital for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - 2014-2015
- Best Regional Hospital for Geriatrics - 2014-2015
- Best Regional Hospital for Orthopedics - 2014-2015
- Best Regional Hospital for Urology - 2014-2015
2013 EDAP - MacNeal's Emergency Department is recognized by state designation as a hospital skilled in treating critically ill or injured pediatric patients.
2011 Gallup Great Workplace Award - 2nd consecutive year MacNeal Hospital received the Great Workplace Award.
2011 Practice Greenhealth-Partner Recognition Award - Environmental Excellence Category.